Friday, July 25, 2008

For Mike

Thanks for the shout out on Mike's blog! Back at ya...


Lunch was at a new restaurant yesterday that had Tsingtao draft. The temps have been hitting 90* here on a daily basis, and although I switched from pounding beer to pounding wine at the factory lunches (gan bei!) a few years back, cold beer has found its way back into my heart. But yesterday, one of the drivers who won't drink alcohol, as you need full capabilities to drive in China, started drinking this. When I asked what it was, our manager said "apple vinegar". I couldn't imagine drinking it as a drink, versus cooking with it. But not one to pass up something new, I gave it a try. And I have to admit, it is incredibly good. Kind of like a mild apple juice with just a hint of vinegar to give it a little edge. I have to find it in the states, as it would make a really refreshing summer drink, and I'm sure there's a way to liven it up with some booze.
Sorry Mike, no beer pics yet. But I've got plenty of lunches ahead.

No comments: