Friday, July 25, 2008

Disgustingly, this lives up to it's name

Yesterday I had the opportunity to try "stinky tofu", considered a delicacy here and elsewhere in Asia. Let me tell you, the moment they brought it into the room, you could sense its presence. And when the server put it on the big lazy susan and spun it around past me, I thought I would choke.


But still, I had to try it, because from what I've heard, though the smell is vile, the taste is actually pretty good. Unfortunately, not the case this time. It was incredibly salty, which overpowered what seemed like a not-to-unpleasant taste. What I was told afterwards, and after we requested they remove the dish from the room, was that you need to let it sit a while to let the salt soak into the center of the cubes, and that you should also add a little chili peppers when you eat it.

I will take my associates' word for it.

No comments: