Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The other Mile-High club

OK, so it isn't that one, but I just joined another one on my trip from JFK to Dubai, the first leg of my fall trip back to Beijing on the new Airbus A380. This club probably only has a few hundred or thousand people in it so far, and I'm one of them.

 

A shower at 39,000 feet!

Food as always was great - spicy lentil soup, chicken tikka with basmati rice, and Cakebread Chardonnay... one of my favorites.

 

It will be interesting to see what Beijing is like now that the Olympics are over. Did the traffic get back to normal? Does the air still smell stale? Is the CCTV tower finished?

And, can I take tours of the Bird's Nest and Water Cube?

Answers forthcoming...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Unbelievable...

I look forward to your reports!