Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Things I've tried on the trip so far.

Deer tendon - gross.

Chicken feet - not too bad actually, but not meaty enough.

The "true" version of Kung Pao chicken continues to amaze me in how good it is over here.

I'm in the Qingdao area for a quick trip to a new factory - home of the original Tsingtao beer, and Haier Appliances. There's actually quite a German influence here, evidenced in the architecture. I was here on my first trip to China in 2000, as this is where our manager lives, but spent the whole weekend laid up in the hotel sick. Not a problem this time around, however it's cold and rainy while we're here, so any pictures I look to get won't be very impressive.

It's also a huge seafood city, being right on the coast of the Pacific. This is where I had sea cucumber for the first time.

And last.

No comments: